BUAD-476 Marketing Analytics
DATA PROJECT #3
DIRECTIONS: Read the description and then thoroughly yet concisely address the following questions. Your submission should have two parts: a report, and an R appendix (R Script file). The report should be typewritten in standard formatting and be no longer than three single-spaced pages (not including a title page). The structure of the report is up to you, but should be written in paragraph form (do not list question numbers!) and will likely include at least three parts: an executive summary describing your objectives and main results; a methodology section describing your data, documenting your choice of methods, and justifying any changes to the data (e.g., transforming variables); and an analysis of findings in which you interpret your results. Your R Script should clearly indicate which lines of code are intended to answer which questions, and include only a list of commands (no Console output). I should be able to run your Script in its entirety. An R Script template is available to get you started.
Each question is worth four points. Two points are earned by appropriately selecting and applying R commands to generate output that can be used to answer the question. Two points are earned by interpreting that output in the report, using clear and concise language and structure, and formatting your results in an appealing and legible way (e.g., appropriate labels for graphs). There may be more than one way to answer each question: document and justify any choices you make. Use only methods we have discussed in class. Partial credit will be awarded.
DUE DATE: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 11:59pm
You have been hired as a marketing analyst for Kirin USA and are interested in repositioning the brand in the U.S. import beer market. The data file called kirindata.csv includes the following variables:
– brand: The brand of beer for which a respondent has rated his/her/their brand perceptions. Brands include Amstel Light, Bass, Becks, Corona, Dos Equis, Heineken, Kirin, Molson, Moosehead, Sapporo, and St. Pauli Girl.
– rich.full.taste: The brand has a “rich, full-bodied taste”.
– good.taste: The brand has “a good taste”.
– no.aftertaste: The brand leaves “no aftertaste”.
– refreshing: The brand is “refreshing”.
– light: The brand is “a light beer”.
– prestigious: The brand is “prestigious and growing in popularity”.
– masculine: The brand represents “a masculine beer”.
– brew.tradition: The brand is “from a country with a brewing tradition”.
– youthful: The brand is “for young people”.
– gives.buzz: The brand “gives you a ‘buzz’”.
– drink.out: The brand is good “to drink at picnics and outings”.
– drink.bar: The brand is good “to drink at a bar”.
– drink.friends: The brand is good “to drink with close friends”.
– after.work: The brand is good “to treat yourself at home after work”.
– serve.guests: The brand is good “to serve to dinner guests at home”.
– lower.price: The brand is “lower than average price” for beers.
– good.value: The brand is “good value for the money”.
(Note: This is real ratings data from a brand perceptions survey given to customers and non-customers of Kirin USA. I uploaded a script file called Proj3Template.R to Canvas which contains some lines of code
that you should run prior to starting your analysis. It also contains a template for how to organize the code you write in order to answer the follow questions.)
As the analyst who obtained this data, you are interested in creating a perceptual map of Kirin USA in the U.S. import beer market to understand how to better position—or reposition—the Kirin brand in this market. The following questions guide you through the analysis.
1. Summarize the data. Should the ratings data be rescaled? Why? Rescale the data if you believe the data should be rescaled. Plot a correlation matrix for the perceptual adjective ratings—approximately how many factors does the correlation plot imply? Aggregate the average of each perceptual adjective rating by brand and then plot a heat map for the average perceptual adjective ratings by brand. What relationships do you observe in the heat map?
2. Extract the principal components in the ratings data using principal components analysis (PCA). How many components explain most of the variance in the data? Visualize. Generate a biplot of the brands for the first two principal components using the principal components from the average perceptual adjective ratings. Interpret the perpetual map.
3. Consider an exploratory factor analysis (EFA) for the perceptual adjective ratings. How many factors do you recommend extracting? Find the exploratory factor analysis solution for the ratings data with an appropriate number of factors and rotation; be sure to explain your selection of factor rotation. Draw a heat map of the rotation factor loadings and a path diagram for your preferred solution. Plot the average Bartlett factor scores by brand—to what extent does the Bartlett factor score heat map compare similarly to your results and interpretations from the previous question?
4. Plot a multidimensional scaling (MDS) map for the brands using the average perceptual adjective ratings. Which brands are most similar (different)? To what extent does your new perceptual map compare similarly to your results and interpretations from the previous two questions?
5. What is your preferred method for reducing complexity in the brand ratings? Why? What is your recommendation to Kirin USA regarding a repositioning strategy? In stating your managerial recommendation, be sure to include key shortcomings of the models you investigated. (Hint: Be specific about your repositioning recommendation—do you want to reposition Kirin closer to another import beer, do you want to move its brand toward a gap in the market, etc.? Be sure to show how you can achieve your repositioning strategy.)
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more